Dean and Plae are teaming up to help an organization very dear to us. When we first found out Dean had a stroke we were devastated and had no idea what to expect. We wanted to educate ourselves and came across the CHASA (Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association) website. We were able to read and learn so much about our child that wasn’t even born yet. Now that he is here and thriving the organization has given us a way, through Facebook, to connect with other families in similar situations.
CHASA is a 20 year old non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children, teens and adults who have hemiplegia. They not only share important information but they offer money in various forms to help children who have suffered a stroke succeed. These forms include college and play scholarships as well as orthotics grants. CHASA also has family retreats to help connect people in similar situations.
After hearing our story, Plae is offering a PLAE-it-forward donation code: GIVE679. Any purchase using this code at checkout will earn a donation for CHASA worth 10% of the purchase value! Anyone can use this code, and it never expires. Plae is an amazing company who is choosing to give back.
I wanted to share a few things I love about Plae:
- The quality is amazing. The leather is durable but also bendable which is perfect for kids, especially kids that wear orthotics.
- They offer free shipping both ways, which is a requirement for me.
- They have a printable shoe guide so sizing is easy.
- Extra long straps and a large toe box makes them perfect for orthotics. The insole also comes out very easy. I still ordered up a size to fit over Dean’s AFO.
- If you sign up to get emails you can get 10% off your first order.
- And now they give 10% to CHASA with code GIVE679.